[MacDV] Re: Analog Video to Digital

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Mon Jan 6 13:56:33 PST 2003

As far as I know, the Digital8 camcorders work the same way as well...
At least when I play my old analog Video8 and Hi8 tapes they are
"stabilized" like a TBC would do.  The Digital8 Walkman sounds like a
cool device, and might be better for editing (sturdier play/record
mechanisms), but for the money, it might be better to just get a
Digital8 camcorder and use that to play back and monitor analog 8mm
video tapes -- *and* get a new camcorder in the process!  ;-)

Hope this helps.

- Mark