[MacDV] Re: iMovie 3: Hurray!

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Tue Jan 7 14:24:42 PST 2003

Typically, chapters let you skip to a certain part of a movie or video,
while letting you watch the whole thing from the beginning if you so
choose -- hopefully this is how Apple has implemented it in iDVD 3
(that's what I asked for on their "feedback" form anyway).

Comparing it to an audio CD, think of a continuous live recording with
track numbers that let you go to a specific song -- you can listen to
the whole performance if you want to (without breaks), or you can skip
to your favorite song by going to that track number.  This is how
chapters on DVDs are *supposed* to work -- not the hacked-up way iDVD 1
and 2 handle things (bringing you back to a friggin' menu after each
clip is played).

- Mark