iLife and G4 450

Ira Flatow iflatow at iraflatow.com
Wed Jan 8 06:45:16 PST 2003

I was hoping that iDVD 3 would run on my external DVD-R but alas it does
not.
As an alternative, I'm thinking about dropping an internal 105 DVD-R into my
G4 450 and using iLife on that machine to create DVDs with iMovie and iDVD.

Does anyone have any experience doing this and can tell me how long it takes
iMovie to render a 30 minute QT Movie, import it in to iDVD and then burn a
disc at 2-4x?  I'm wondering if my G4 450 might be too slow.

Thanks.

If