Safari pros and Cons!

Hal Cauthen haly2k1 at mac.com
Wed Jan 8 07:20:08 PST 2003

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 09:42  PM, Macintosh Digital Video List
wrote:

> I usually am very cynical about speed claims with software, but this
> really does blow I.E.  out of the water.

Well, not really.  At least not for me.
Used both IE and Safari, last night and this morning.
And I don't feel that Safari is significantly faster.  I use Verizon
DSL.

Is there a way to test the two on your own machines?

Safari has lots of bugs, problems, too.

For example, wouldn't let me sign in to my netscape account.  Kept
looping me back to the same error message.
Also, wiped out the imported 'Favorites'.  Eventually had to delete
everything and re-install.

Also, it won't let me open more than one screen at a time, and the
little orange color return button doesn't take me back where I want to
go.

I'd like a tabbed favorites that doesn't drop down in the middle of the
page, and that will stay open such tht i can go to any URL I've saved
without a lot of clicks.  I'd also like an easily accessable history
page.  And I'd like to be able to save/access links for easy access
like IE does.

Matter of fact, until they add some features and Safari proves
significantly faster, don't see why I'd switch.

:-(

Hal