[MacDV] Re: archiving footage on DVD

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Wed Jan 8 11:39:50 PST 2003

I think you misunderstood what he is planning to do on DVD, the way I
read it he wants to just burn a straight DV file onto the DVD hence 30
minutes per disk.  The result would be same quality file as on the DV
tape and he might be able to wait 100 years before he needs to edit it.
Seriously, I agree that DV tape is the way to go from both a time and
cost point of view and I think the amount of degregation in the next few
years would b minimal.

Gerhard

Gerhard Kuhn
suspice at hay.net