[MacDV] Storage to external drive

Preston PSeyle at mac.com
Wed Jan 8 19:02:03 PST 2003

I had the same error with a friends portable USB iPod wannabe.  I
could copy a single small clip from iMovie but that was it. Even a
large 13MB QT file would not work.

I'm Kind of glad it did not cause it would have taken approx six
hours to copy  (as opposed to minutes with FW).  Anyone who has tried
to use USB for video work probably now owns a Firewire enclosure.

To directly answer your question, no I was never able to make that
USB device work.  FW is my answer.

-Preston

FYI-
I picked up my enclosure for under 50 bucks.  watch places like
computergeeks.com.  they get them in on occasion, but make sure it
has the Oxford 911 chipset.