[MacDV] Re: La Cie's 120 Gb external HD

XXL xxl at mac.com
Sat Jan 11 15:49:20 PST 2003

>> - will I be able to import DV footage with iMovie straight onto it
>> (bypassing my internal HD)?

Yes, no problem. Use the new project command and navigate to the external
drive in the SAVE dialog. Yu can save it anywhere you like.

>> This appears to be a 7,200 rpm device, but I don't know if it comes with
>> an Oxford 911 bridge ...

I am not aware of any drives that are currently manufactured with anything
else except the Oxford 911 chipset.  You can still find some at retail but
no one that I am aware of is using the older technology in current products.
-Joel