capturing direct to external drive

Paul Knight paul.knight at internet.co.nz
Sun Jan 12 10:54:08 PST 2003

At 1:25 AM -0800 1/12/03, Macintosh Digital Video List wrote:
>Does anyone think that going direct from a deck or camera to the external
>  > hard drive with capture is asking for trouble?  Thanks in advance.

That is what I do and I have no trouble unless I try to "Real Time
Preview" too too many tracks, filters, effects at once,  and I think
that is a problem with my Mac's processing power not the external
disk.   It works fine after first rendering the project.   No problem
with either capturing or exporting.
--
from Paul Knight
Home:  (JapanEd)