[MacDV] Re: Making DVDs with Toast

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 12 17:31:01 PST 2003

On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 06:07 PM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

> Sizzle 0.0.2r2 Freeware
>
> http://thegoods.ath.cx/~hmason/sizzle/

Thanks - that looks like just what I was looking for. And it burns the
disk too - neato.

> Toast will need a DVD burner in order to burn a DVD.  So we must
> assume that you have an external DVD burner. You may want to get iDVD
> on Jan 25 when Apple releases it to anyone who wants to buy it, and
> try burning it's files via Toast.  iDVD could save you a lot of time.

In this case, I already have the MPEG2 files, so getting the stuff into
iDVD just wastes a lot of time and degrades the quality.

> Obviously this has nothing to do with the question, tho it's neat.
> Use Toast to COPY DVD's once you have created them.
> Once you make one and see what happens all will become clear.
> And Toast will look good again.

Someone also posted recently that you can do the same thing with Disk
Copy (i.e. make an image of your DVD, then make copies).  The problem
with using Toast for copies is that it re-builds the image for every
copy instead of giving you the chance to make multiple copies like iDVD
does.

SR