[MacDV] Re: iMovie3 for OS 9 as well?

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Mon Jan 13 13:01:25 PST 2003

On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 11:47  PM, Bobbo wrote:

> And that being the case, it was premature and
> inconsiderate of Apple to slam the door on the possibility of staying
> with
> 9 until X is right.

And anyone who wants to stay with 9 can. I must be missing something,
because I really don't understand this sentiment.

OSX has many features that are the same as OS 9, some are different,
and some are only found on OS X.       And some of the latter are only
possible on OS X. Its simply not feasible (or maybe not even possible)
for Apple to provide things like Aqua and Quartz on OS 9. There has to
be a very strong incentive for any developer (including Apple) to pass
on using some of the most powerful aspects of OS X for the sake of
making their app OS 9 compatible.

IOW, the features/enhancements that you want a given upgrade for may
only be possible because that application leverages new features found
in OS X.

-Mike