[MacDV] Re: External FW DVD-RW & DVDSP

Frank Wiewandt fwphoto at adelphia.net
Thu Jan 16 06:28:30 PST 2003

I posted about the inability to preview that Ira Flatow discussed, to
another list, & was basically told that something must be wrong with
his setup & that I should have no problem previewing with the setup I
was describing. As I have yet to actually purchase DVDSP I can't test
this out, but that was the response of several folks who seemed to
know what they were talking about.

I was also told that I'd have to have Apple DVD player installed &
that requires at least a DVD-ROM drive installed *in* the machine (I
have the CD/DVD combo). Since DVDSP must be loaded from a DVD player
anyway, this would appear to be a non-issue, but we know how creative
Mac users can get now, don't we.  :-)

Previewing the actual burn requires, well, burning the DVD &
previewing it. ;-) It was suggested that I get a few DVD-RWs for that
task.

Finally, it seems a lot of people use DVDSP in combination with Toast.
Considering how many $s it's taken to get to this point, if adding
Toast will help to keep everything happy, that's just another drop in
the bucket.

HTH,

Frank Wiewandt