[MacDV] Re: 200 gig hard drive vs. dividing hard imac drive

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Thu Jan 16 11:19:30 PST 2003

FireWire is 50 MBytes/sec (400 bits dIvided by 8 bits per byte) while
FireWire 800 is 100 MBytes/sec (800 bits dIvided by 8 bits per byte)
sustained throughput. This is analogous to the old ATA66 vs. the newer
ATA100 IDE spec. I think that we will be needing FireWire 800 to
transfer HDDV from our High Definition DV cameras and desks that will
be coming to market later this year.  http://www.supervideo.com/jvc.htm

Anyone on the list have any experience with High Definition DV yet?