[MacDV] Apple Computer Inc. reported a first-quarter loss

Stan Glass stanlio at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 17 07:29:14 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 16, 2003, at 09:46  PM, Fabian Ius wrote:

> SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Blaming restructuring charges, Apple Computer
> Inc. reported a first-quarter loss despite a 7 per cent gain in sales.

I have a corporate accountant in the family, and I have been informed
that many companies have been restructuring to show "loses" to avoid
being caught in the wake of any legislative knee-jerk reaction to Enron
and Worldcom et al. Whether or not Apple is doing this, I do not know,
but I would tend to believe that Apple's posted losses will be both
transitory and of no great consequence.

		I sent no attachments with this message, and I hope this will permit
us to prevail against the slings and arrows of outrageous Fortune.

Stan Glass <mailto:stanlio at earthlink.net>