iPhoto

Ian Tucker carlian at picknowl.com.au
Sat Jan 18 14:51:10 PST 2003

Sorry this question is digital photo rather than digital video , but I
am hoping someone may be able to advise.

Subject: iPhoto

At the end of 2002 I had around 850 images in iPhoto which take up
around the same number of MB's of HD space.   I have copied the iPhoto
Library from Users/Pictures to a DVD (file too big for a CD) .   I now
wish to delete the images from my HD, but before I do I would like to
know if I can reload the file saved to the DVD into the IPhoto
Application at some time in the future to  view images,  data,
headings,albums etc. and if necessary, carry out further manipulation
through Photoshop,  or the like.  I realize I can open each image
separately from the DVD, but it is far more convenient to be able to
use the abilities of iPhoto.

Secondly, if it IS ok to reload the 2002 iPhoto Library into the iPhoto
Application would the procedure be to copy the file on the DVD to
Desktop and then drag it over the iPhoto icon in the "Applications"
window ?

I am using OS X 10.2.3 .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ian Tucker,