Pioneer DVR-A05/Lacie A05

Sean Collins sean at hogheaven.com
Sun Jan 19 06:47:42 PST 2003

WARNING!

>The OfficeMax flyer for this coming week lists the CenDyne unit for $179.99
>after rebate. Can't tell from the ad if it is the pioneer 104 or 105.

Intentionally or not, OfficeMax is MISLABELING their Cendyne DVD-R
drives.  I was in OfficeMax Friday, and noticed that their shelf
label advertises the older DVR-104 model as a 4x drive!!

They have BOTH 104 and 105 drives on the shelf, but the $50 in-store
discount ONLY applies to the 104.  My guess is that the above price
will only apply to the 104. (adding Cendyne $50 rebate nets you to
$179.99)

So don't bee fooled by their shelf labeling.  Before you buy, make
sure of the actual model by looking at the box.  The specification on
the back of the box clearly shows the model number at the bottom of
the list:  DVR-104 or DVR-105.  The 104 box has blue graphics, the
105 has gold.

DVR-104:  Cendyne # CDICD00106,  Officemax # 20146496
DVR-105:  Cendyne # CDICD00209,  Officemax # ?????