Canon ZR45mc question

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Mon Jan 20 06:01:23 PST 2003

I have a ZR-40. After examining the manual and the camcorder, it
appears that there is no way to record to tape in VCR mode without
using the remote, since there is no RECORD button on the unit.

However, without the remote you CAN turn on the pass-through mode so
that you can import the video from an analog source into iMovie,
using the camcorder as an A/D converter. With no cassette in the
camera, turn it on in VCR mode, bring up the VCR Setup menu, select
AV->DV Out, and set it to ON. Now, when you put iMovie into Camera
mode, you should see the analog source video playing in the Preview
window.

--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>