VCD Help

Eric Phillips PHILLIE at wyeth.com
Mon Jan 20 10:24:10 PST 2003

I am new to making VCDs and have been reading archives until my head spins. Let me know if I have this information correct. I edit my movie in iMovie, use QT Pro to compress it and then use Toast to burn the VCD.

I have read about ffmpeg, would this replace QT Pro? Is this an interface to do what mediapipe, MMTS from RNC, and  MMG from RNC do?

What does Cleaner do for me, which does it replace QT Pro or Toast?

If I want to do SVCD I need to use the mediapipe, MMTS from RNC and MMG form RNC instead of QT Pro or in addition to QT Pro?

Thanks for the help. I am using a G4 with 10.2.3.

Eric Phillips