iDVD and 4:3 Aspect Ratio

Len McGrandle lencm at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 20 10:53:53 PST 2003

I am considering installing a Superdrive in my G4 500 AGP for the
purpose of burning DVD's from my collection of family videos on VHS and
Hi8 tapes.  I have already burned VCD's with good success.  In
exporting from imovie I did notice something which concerns me.  The
export for iDVD retains the DV aspect ratio which is wider than 4:3 and
so everyone looks too fat!  When I export for VCD this is corrected.
Does iDVD have the ability to reset the aspect ratio to 4:3 or do the
female choir members on my tapes have to view themselves as fat people
from the DVD??

Len