[MacDV] Anyone using the Formac DVD burner and software?

Ric Perrott writerric at mac.com
Mon Jan 20 20:59:41 PST 2003

On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 05:24  PM, Craig Busch wrote:

> Hi,
> I see that Formac has a DVD burner and software package for about $400
> that will work
> with a G3 and OS9.  Is anyone using it?  I am no so much concerned
> with the "features" as
> I am with very good encoding to Mpeg2 and being able to do a good burn
> job.
> Thanks

Yep, I've used it for a few months. It's a great drive (essentially a
firewire Pioneer) and the software that comes with it is good, but not
as "professional" as iDVD.

However it has many of the iDVD features and the render time while not
spectacular is reasonable. I've done many burns with it and they all
came out flawless.

In fact, I'm actually selling my Formac external DVD+Software right now
because I bought a G4+Superdrive.

If you're interested in it drop me an e-mail, the drive is basically
brand new.