[MacDV] Re: VCD Help

Eric Phillips PHILLIE at wyeth.com
Tue Jan 21 10:11:24 PST 2003

Mike,
Thanks for the help. I bought QT Pro 5.0 before 6.0 came out and I am now running 10.2.3. Now Apple wants me to fork out another $50 for QT Pro 6.0 since 5.0 wont work with OS10.2.

One more quick question. I was looking at SVCD also using MediaPipe and MMT etc. If I go this route it looks like I will then need QT Pro again. Is this true?

Thanks,
Eric

On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 12:24  PM, Eric Phillips wrote:

> I am new to making VCDs and have been reading archives until my head
> spins. Let me know if I have this information correct. I edit my movie
> in iMovie, use QT Pro to compress it and then use Toast to burn the
> VCD.

You don't need QT Pro. Assuming Toast has been installed properly (see
below) the procedure is:

Edit movie in iMovie

Select "Export" from the file menu. In the window select "To QuickTime"
for the Export Option and either "Toast Video CD (NTSC)" or "Toast
Video CD (PAL)" for Formats. Then click the "Export" button at the
bottom, give it a file name, and go take a long break.

When its done exporting it will start Toast automatically (this setting
can be changed) and you just have to give the CD a name, click "Burn"
and install a blank CD.

It may be obvious, but the "Toast Video CD..." options are only
available if Toast is installed properly. I had some trouble in the OS
9/X transition getting the right files in the right place. If you have
trouble, let me know and I'll try to figure out what file needs to be
where. I should maybe also say IIRC, that the VCD export option is only
available on the full version of Toast, not the Toast Lite shipped with
many burners.

-Mike

<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacDV.html>.
Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest version.

 XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml