[MacDV] Re: VCD Help

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Tue Jan 21 11:58:07 PST 2003

B&W with PowerLogix G4 upgrade at stock speed of 550 MHz. System
10.2.3. I hope it's not the upgrade G4 Bill.

I spoke of success too soon.

I repeatedly get a total crash/freeze must restart computer in the
middle of the Export to QuickTime to Toast VCD (NTSC) procedure. The
freeze happens about one third of the way through the 2 minute render.
This is reminiscent of the old OS 9 crashes where the clock is dead and
the mouse is dead. I just noticed that the entire computer shut down by
itself if I didn't do it myself with the control+command+power key
method after about 5 minutes. I'm using ADB keyboard and Kensington
Turbo Mouse on this old B&W.

Very rare for OS X. Any thoughts on why? Perhaps iMovie 3 will be the
solution? I hope.