[MacDV] Re: VCD Help

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Jan 21 12:31:29 PST 2003

On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 01:58  PM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

> I spoke of success too soon.
>
> I repeatedly get a total crash/freeze must restart computer in the
> middle of the Export to QuickTime to Toast VCD (NTSC) procedure.

Problems like this have been fixed in the past (for me anyway) by
making sure everything is current. That includes Toast, iMovie,
QuickTime, and the OS. My current setup is :

Toast Titanium 5.2
iMovie 2.1.2
QuickTime 6.1
Mac OS X 10.2.3

If you still can't get it to work, try exporting as a Quicktime movie
using full, uncompressed resolution (don't remember what its called and
it will take a lot of drive space). You should then be able to drag
that file onto Toast Titanium and it will do the conversion then
instead. See <http://www.roxio.com/en/interest/video/vidcapmac.jhtml>
and scroll down to the "Automatic MPEG Encoding" section.

Some of the other pages at
<http://www.roxio.com/en/interest/video/index.jhtml> may also be of
interest..

-Mike