Back UP storage options???

Jonathan Fletcher jfletch at aye.net
Wed Jan 22 16:06:53 PST 2003

Folks,

Whatever happened to the old technique of recording black on a tape
before you used it? I know it sounds a little anachronistic in these
days of digital imaging (it was essential when editing analog), but it
still seems like it would solve the gapping time-code issue.

When I do it I just leave the camera plugged into the power supply,
leave the lens cap on, stick a patch cable (that isn't attached to
anything) into the mic jac, hit record and come back in an hour. Works
for me. Also it cures the camera's need to take a few frames to resync
every time it plays past a non-recorded spot.

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 03:05 PM, Macintosh Digital Video