[MacDV] DVD authoring: some success, mostly failure

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 22 21:54:09 PST 2003

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 11:47 PM, Randy Clark wrote:

> I exported a high quality QT file from iMovie. Next, I tried demuxing
> the .mov file.  My demuxing program (ffmpegX) reported that it wasn't
> a valid MPEG file and spit it out. It appeared like it was looking for
> some type of file header information and didn't find it.

The problem is that it isn't an MPEG file, its a Quicktime file. You'd
have to convert it in some process as described on the Sizzle web page
- probably running it through MediaPipe. In my experience, MediaPipe is
pretty crashy on encoding though. You might be able to demux the QT
file using MediaPipe, then encode it with ffMpeg from some intermediate
audio and video formats.

SR