[MacDV] [MacDV]Can you capture frames from a DVD

Donna B blktauna at shawstudios.com
Sun Jan 26 11:54:39 PST 2003

on 1/26/03 12:04 PM, Ross Clark at rclarkages at earthlink.net scripsit:

> I do a lot of video stuff with my computer but my neighbor asked a
> question I don't know the answer for so I thought I'd toss it to the
> list.  He wants to capture individual frames from a commercial DVD on
> his Powerbook and save them in some format that he can use in Photoshop.

I use and Xlr8 USB capture device and Strata Videoshop 4.5.1
I'm currently taking stills from "the Professionals" dvds for my own
prurient enjoyment.

I get fine frames from this. I'm still on 9.2.2 and an original tangerine
iBook. The size of the frames is dependent on whether you have PAL or NTSC
and what  your capture device lets you do. I don't have the HD space to rip
a whole dvd down so I do it this way.

Donna
My Brother, My Captain, My King - Boromir
Good, Bad, ...I'm the guy with the gun...-Ash
People must learn to stop being insects - Thor

"looking forward to post-slaughter booze up" - Secret Diaries

blktauna at shawstudios.com
http://www.shawstudios.com - Gateway to The 5 Deadly Venoms and more!
http://girlsguidetohkmovies.com - The Girls Guide to Hong Kong Movies(c)
http://www.chow-sing-chi.com - Stephen Chow Sing Chi