[MacDV] DVD Players

Preston PSeyle at mac.com
Tue Jan 28 11:29:45 PST 2003

I bought a $40 no namer about 6 moths ago, piece of trash. half way
through a commercial DVD it will all of a sudden not be able to read
the disk?!?!  Plays my cheap DVD-R  burns just fine though.

Family members of mine have purchased (with very good luck) the Apex
1500 & the Apex 1600.
$70-80

The 1500 is actually VERY sought after because it's full featured and
"hackable" meaning you get around the region codes on DVDs by
modifying you unit.

mind you the focus is on VCDs here, but you can read lots of reviews
and check player ratings.

http://vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers

-Preston