fricken' problems ....

Jerry Axley omnipresent at mpinet.net
Tue Jan 28 18:44:28 PST 2003

Hey - does anybody have any advice??? here's the deal:

I've got a g4 350 sawtooth with 512 megs of Ram. I'm running OS 9.2.2. and
that's important to know.

I'm 2 hours into a rough cut of a feature that I shot on Dv and am editing
in Final Cut Pro v. 3.0.  I have audio issues with Background noise. I am
doing Additional Dialogue Replacement (ADR) but have found a product that
will remove the hum of air conditioners and the hum of waves on the ocean.
However, Bias Peak's plug-in "SoundSoap" - written specifically for these
difficulties - is made only for OS X.2 ... what the fuck???? (bias sent me
their DV edition with Final Cut Pro 3 which is for both 10 and os 9 why
would they make SoundSoap for only 10 users???). Also, I"ve read on this
list and in other magazines that FCP users using OS 10 have had many
problems. I stuck with 9 so that I would eliminate as many unforseen
difficulties as possible with a new OS. This really sucks. I NEED SoundSoap.
Does anybody have any advice????

I have 10 gig startup. A 60 gig for FCP by itself. And 2 120gig WD
harddrives for scratch disks. I also have a 60 gig Lacie firewire drive for
moving files around if I need to.

Any and all suggestions are invited. Should I upgrade to OS 10.2.2 in the
middle of this project??? Is FCP more stable in the OS 10.2.2 environment
than it was in 10???

THanks very much,

Jerry