20 inch LCD monitor

KathyMac! Mac4Music at MusiCareOnline.org
Wed Jan 29 13:52:13 PST 2003

Macintosh Digital Video List1/28/03 10:40 PMMacDV at lists.themacintoshguy.com

> You can drive all sorts of third party DVI monitors with the older
> cards with a $35 Dr. Bott ADC to DVI adapter Kathy.

Yes, I would think so too. But I called Apple this morning to confirm that
the 20 LCD will only run on Jaguar and not system 9. Seems crazy...if you
happen to want to boot up in 9 the monitor won't work? That's what they said
on the phone though I really find it hard to believe. The website also
states the 20 as Jaguar only but the 17 and 23 LCDs are listed as compatible
with both OS.

So, I was going to buy the 20 but I went ahead and purchased a 22 for only
$80 more at SmallDog.com.

Kathy