[MacDV] Re: Why only Sony

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 29 15:50:13 PST 2003

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 03:41 PM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

> I'm sure there are some on this list that swear by Canon. Perhaps they
> should come forward to balance out this "debate".

I sure don't "swear by" Canon, but I do like the ergonomics better. The
Sony cameras remind me of Windows software. There are a zillion buttons
and settings, the button placement isn't very good, and how all the
buttons interact isn't entirely clear. On my TRV-240, the power button
is right next to the record button - I can't tell you how many times
I've turned the unit off right when I wanted to start recording.

All my other electronic stuff is Sony (Stereo, TV, etc.) but when it
comes to cameras, I like to use the Canon more than the Sony. Its
easier to point and shoot, the colors are nicer, and its simpler and
easier to operate.

SR