The New Towers - (formerly "refurbished G4")

KathyMac! Mac4Music at MusiCareOnline.org
Wed Jan 29 16:05:29 PST 2003

Macintosh Digital Video List1/28/03 7:44 PMMacDV at lists.themacintoshguy.com

> It's not Communism. It's Capitalism warts and all. It's just progress
> and business. It's not meant to be malicious. They have to cut off 9
> development sometime. This era of system transition was bound to
> happen. You happen to be one of the more effected.

Yeah, I know. I was just venting. I do understand but it always seems like
Apple is pulling something out to force people to the next step prematurely.
They took the floppy drive out overnight when they introduced the iMac, they
took the Sound In port out of their line and people had to scramble to get
USB solutions (glad they changed their mind and put it back), and now they
are offering that one System 9 tower without a modem!

They just always seem to have the perfect product MINUS one item or feature
- at least that's how it's always happened to me.

<<<Make sure you get iLife free with what you choose to buy after
Saturday. Make them give you the box or take your business elsewhere. >>

There is a $19.95 upgrade fee from Apple for those who buy their computers
this month before iLife is released. Only the brand new refreshed line will
have iLife preinstalled. If you purchase a new discontinued system then you
have to pay the shipping and handling upgrade to QuickBooks and iLife.

That's much better than $49.95. I think it should be free but they claim the
cost is shipping and handling. You should be able to walk into the Apple
store and have an iLife box given to you if you have a receipt for your
recently purchased system but I guess not.

<<<You will have to put up with more noise than the new models.>>

Yeah, so I've heard. Well, that's one of the drawbacks I guess....
All things considered, I think this was my best choice by far.

Kathy