[MacDV] Re: The Sony Canon debate

Louis Demers LouisDemers at mac.com
Wed Jan 29 18:07:52 PST 2003

At 5:23 PM -0800 1/29/03, Thubten Kunga wrote:
>NOT TRUE. All Sony cameras have optical stabilization.

I remember my TRV-900 and VX-1000 had only electronic stabilisation
but they do use motion sensor and not just image processing to detect
the jitter. that is better than pure electronic stabilisation but not
as good as optical. I would be surprised if Sony  used optical
stabilization. If they did, they certainly would talk about it.

I reviewed their site and they say very little about the technique
they use. Suspect if you ask me...

--

Louis Demers ing.
Louis.Demers at videotron.ca