[MacDV] Re: The Sony Canon debate

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Wed Jan 29 21:01:31 PST 2003

 From the ChuckMeister at http://www.SuperVideo.com    Please NOTE this
man is THE world authority on DV cameras.

We once had an old saying about 35 years ago...
it is still true today...
Garbage In = Garbage Out
Stabilization is least of your worries if you are
dealing with inferior products... and all single
chip cams are basically... toys !

We will have the first 3 chip DV camcorders @ $999 arriving this
summer and it won't stop there.

By Christmas we ought to have  High Definition for
replacements of XL-1 (possibly a XL-2) the Sony
VX2000 up grade VX3000 is HiDef and the there
are 3 Pana's... most of these are slated for first
release on or about NAB.

Why would anyone bother with a 1 chip cam if he is serious about
video recording that he is looking at DV and there
will be sub $1500 retail choices and at least one
can deep discount on the street for $999?

meister