[MacDV] Re: canon optura 200mc?

Brett Koonce brett at jpkoonce.net
Thu Jan 30 09:34:01 PST 2003

> When I worked for NBC-TV in New York (as a Video Technician), all the
> cameras were Sony. And most of the recorders, for that matter. Amazing
> pieces of technology.
> I own a Canon XM-1 (PAL version of GL-1) and love it. The optical 20:1
> zoom is great, the image stabilization is a godsend, it imports fine
> into FCP and iMovie, and it has never chewed up a tape.
> David P. Reaves, III
> TransLanTech Sound, LLC
> Recklinghauasen, Germany

I love my GL1 as well.  My previous camera was a Ultura, a good little
camera which eventually broke through too much usage.

Once upon a time, camera/editing rig would have cost upwards of
$30-100+k to get the quality of the worst of modern single-chip cams
and an iMac.

Buy something with MiniDV stamped on the side.  Use.  Enjoy.

-Brett Koonce
www.universe42.com