[MacDV] Super Drive: Factory Installed?

Jim Heid jim at heidsite.com
Thu Jan 30 17:16:26 PST 2003

> Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:00:51 -0700
> Subject: [MacDV] Super Drive: Factory Installed?
> From: Tom Kirshbaum <tom.kirshbaum at nau.edu>
>
> Jim,
>
>> iDVD 3 requires an internal, factory-installed SuperDrive DVD burner. It
>> won't work with any external DVD burners.
>
> Did you mean "Factory installed?" it won't work with a 105 installed in an
> older machine???
>
> How can that be?

You're right -- let me qualify my previous post.

People *have* successfully used older versions of iDVD with burners that
they've installed internally.

But! I don't know if this will work with iDVD 3 -- I haven't tried it, and
Apple certainly won't comment on it. It's possible that iDVD 3 would look
for Apple's own firmware when being launched.

I imagine we'll hear very soon!

Best,
Jim

--
Jim Heid
Author/Host, "The Macintosh iLife" book/DVD

Master iLife and more! Attend iDay 2003: Palo Alto, February 8
http://www.iday2003.com/