Glorious Black and White conversions...

Richard Brown richard at go2rba.com
Fri Jan 31 01:02:15 PST 2003

Well, I just spent an hour goofing in FCP converting color DVCAM
footage to black and white using various combos of tools in FCP. For a
comparison, I also A/B'd the results with "Nadja," a well shot black
and white film (which I mentioned in a previous post) by using two of
the inputs of my Sony PVM-14M4U. Based on the results I obtained, I
would say shoot in color, and convert in FCP. Many tricks used in
Photoshop can be combined for interesting effect...

Richard Brown