[MacDV] iMovie 3

Kevin Ledgister kledgister at mac.com
Fri Jan 31 18:15:38 PST 2003

I downloaded iMovie 3 and like so many on Apple's discussion board - it
is dog slow!  It launches okay but then becomes unbearable after that.

I have a 19 minute video that worked fine on my 400 MHz iMac from an
external drive and now it won't play smoothly on my freshly initialized
and rebuilt internal primary drive.  It's choppy, takes 5 to 10 seconds
just to start playing and iMovie 2 worked fine just minutes before.

I waited for so long for iMovie 3 and from a functional standpoint, it
has a lot of things I have wanted for a while but I'm going back to
iMovie 2 until Apple resolves this.  Since they don't seem to have such
problems with FCP or FCE like this, I'm assuming that it's a bug or
something that they will quickly fix.

Let your voice be heard on Apple's discussion forum so we can get some
resolve to this.

Kevin Ledigster