[MacDV] Re: The 20inch LCD Conspiracy

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Fri Jan 31 19:55:37 PST 2003

  Actually your car probably already burns methanol, (unfortunately it
is derived from corn but the Dole family may be interested in your
ideas) so we have the hardware just not your flavour of software
exactly opposite to our discussion on Apple's attitude.  So if GM (the
evil Microsoft) were to let their vehicles run on this fuel and Ford
(the valiant Apple) put a detector in their tanks to disable the car if
Methanol were present we would have closer analogy.

My parting thought on this thread
Good Night

Gerhard
On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 10:34  PM, Steven Rogers wrote:

> On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 09:22 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:
>
>> Steven it would not be impossible to run your car on bananas, they
>> contain fructose (sugar) which can be made into ethanol which is
>> combustible.  Almost anything is possible for the optimists among us.
>
> Right - that is why I chose that example as a hyperbole of the current
> debate. Since there is no such car on the market, and we know that it
> is possible, does that mean I am the victim of an evil conspiracy to
> deprive me of what I want?
>
> SR

> digest version.

> <http://www.macresq.com>