[MacDV] Re: iLife intro/primer

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Fri Jan 31 20:04:48 PST 2003

On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 09:37 PM, Jim Heid wrote:

> In iPhoto 1.1.1, click the Film Rolls box near the lower right corner.
>
> In iPhoto 2, choose Film Rolls from the View menu.
>
> And remember to Option-click the triangle when you want to close and
> open *all* rolls -- very handy!

Doh!  I tried that, but I was looking at a roll with so many pictures
that it didn't appear to change anything, so I didn't realize I'd found
it.

iPhoto also remembers the views for different albums - nifty.

Wish there was a way to rename rolls and merge them together. I have
several with just one photo because I shot something and imported it
from the camera right away. When pictures are imported from files
rather than the camera, it seems to take the name from the import
directory rather than the generic "Roll XX" - perhaps a clue to give
that directory a meaningful name.

But the thing you see in iMovie is your albums, so you have a chance to
mange things in iPhoto so that your album view in iMovie is meaningful
. . .

SR