[MacDV] best int. hd for new G4 tower?

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Fri Jan 31 23:52:37 PST 2003

Did you check all of your jumpers?  The drive at the end of the chain
should be set to "Master" and the one in the middle of the chain should
be set to "slave".  Using "cable select" (usually the default) with
drives from different manufacturers may cause problems? (although it
shouldn't)  I've never used Western Digital specifically, but I've
never had a problem with mixed manufacturer drives in the same
computer, or even on the same IDE bus, and I always manually set the
drives to "Master" or "Slave" mode, depending on where it's installed
on the ATA/IDE chain.

- Mark