[MacDV] Re: Analog capture card?

Frank Flynn frank at declan.com
Wed Jul 2 10:15:52 PDT 2003

I don't know about cards but there are several boxes NTSC Video (Svideo or
RCA) and  Audio in and Firewire out; and most of them work reverse producing
composite video and audio from your Mac.

I have a Formac  http://www.formac.com/ it's works well but there are others
too.  These run a few hundred dollars, they do not require a driver since
all the conversion is done outside the Mac although they sometimes have
extra features if you do install the driver.  Some come with TV tuners too
(you probably wouldn't need that).  They will work flawlessly with iMovie or
FCP.

Good Luck,
Frank

--