[MacDV] Re: CD slide show for DVD

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Tue Jul 8 06:13:02 PDT 2003

On 7/7/03 11:13 PM, "David Thrasher" <idave at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I want to burn a cd that  will play in my DVD player. I want to have that cd
> do  this. Automatically open and  run a continuous loop slide show of images
> on  the  television.

One of the shortfalls of iVCD 1.0.1 is that it doesn't yet support menus and
playback control (PBC - I have no idea what that is). But I noticed on my
first project that once I hit play on my component DVD player, the SVCD just
loops over and over.

This project consists of two iMovies: one a short true video, the other an
iMovie-generated slideshow with about 5 minutes of still photos with
dissolved, fades, Ken Burns Effect, and a music soundtrack.

I haven't tried it, but I assume if I just burned the slideshow to SVCD it
would also continue to loop (but you'd have to hit play manually the first
time).

-- Mark