[MacDV] Audio Editing In FCE

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 10 04:51:07 PDT 2003

On Thursday, July 10, 2003, at 04:53  AM, Neil Bennett wrote:

> As an example, when I was using iMovie if I had imported a 20 second
> 'master' clip into the timeline, I could then paste additional clips
> 'over the top' of this 'master' clip having the option of either using
> the 'master clips' audio or the incoming clip audio.

If you want to use the master clip's audio, just "lock" the audio
tracks by clicking on the padlock icons at the left end of the timeline
before you start your video editing. Then you can "replace" part of the
master clip's video with other video and you will only hear the master
clip's audio.

Steve R.