Aduio problems with iMovie3

Karl Hayden khayden at iol.ie
Sat Jul 12 09:21:14 PDT 2003

Hello, I need help.....  Please!

I recently installed the latest version of  iLife (with iMovie 3.0.3)
on my computer (iMac Superdrive with OS 10.2.6, 800Mhz processor,
PowerPCG4, 512Mb Ram, 40Gb HD) So far most of it seems to be working
OK, but it is early days.... (guess who had a bad experience with
iMovie3 before?)

I recorded the material back to my camera (Canon XL1) but when I played
back the recording the audio was out of sync by about 12 frames (PAL 24
frames) with the visual. Something I noticed on the audio monitor of
the camera was a [PB] above the sound level indicators. Normally this
would say ST-1. The manual I have for the camera is very limited in
information, so I can't find an explanation for [PB].

Has anyone had this problem before and if so did you find a way of
correcting it????

Thanks for your time

Karl Hayden
Dublin, Ireland.