G5 TV Ad Distasteful & Disturbing

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Wed Jul 16 06:16:06 PDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:26:49 -0400, "Mark O'Brien" <rmobrien at mac.com> wrote:
>On 7/16/03 4:17 AM, "Kunga" <Kunga at FutureMedia.org> wrote:
>
>>  <http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/
>>  default?user=freg3000&templatefn=FileSharing13.html&xmlfn=TKDocument.13.
>>  xml&sitefn=RootSite.xml&aff=consumer&cty=US&lang=en>
>>
>>  I'm not sure I agree with this sort of effect being a very constructive
>>  analogy to convey the positive power and strength of this next
>>  generation Mac.
>
>What effect? That link doesn't work for me.

Didn't work for me either, until I noticed that Eudora had inserted a
couple of %20's at the line breaks. After I deleted those in the
Safari address bar, it worked fine.

In the future, I'd suggest that anyone posting a URL that is likely
to be broken into multiple lines should consider using
<http://tinyurl.com> to convert it to a short one that won't get
munged. Here's the one I've just created for the above URL:

<http://tinyurl.com/h3lv>

I've even added a button to my Safari toolbar that automatically
creates a "tiny" URL for the page currently displayed. It is a free
service, though donations are accepted.

--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>