Much Ado About Nothing

William Hofius wjh at mac.com
Fri Jul 18 08:28:16 PDT 2003

On Friday, July 18, 2003, at 07:16  AM, Macintosh Digital Video List
wrote:

> Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 03:47:45 -0400
> Subject: [MacDV] Re: Much Ado About Nothing
> From: Charles Martin <chasm at mac.com>
>
>> From: William Hofius <wjh at mac.com>
>>
>> When I first read the complaints about the G5 advertisement, I thought
>> a "kid" aka baby or small child under the age of 10, was blown through
>> the wall. I finally saw the G5 ad on VH1 last night. The "kid" is some
>> high school or college aged person.
>>
> Okay, you guys have GOT to stop trying to watch video over a dialup
> connection!
>
> Take a look at the ad again. The person in the chair is a full-grown
> man, with a wife or girlfriend. He looks to be in his late 20s/early
> 30s. If you have broadband, by far the clearest version of the ad is to
> be found on apple's site:

Are you intentionally being argumentative?

Before I saw the commercial, the complaints led me to believe a small
child was blown through a wall. After seeing the commercial live on
television, that clearly is not so. (Which is my point above.) I don't
know about you, but most high school students or college aged persons
are full grown men. I placed the guy in the all important 18-25
demographic range.

Quit trying to start fights.