[MacDV] Re: Much Ado About Nothing - Apple AD's in general

Mark.Florida markflo at mac.com
Sat Jul 19 05:59:59 PDT 2003

On Saturday, July 19, 2003, at 01:31  AM, Chris Searles wrote:

> Yes, but the main point is that it's hard to show in 30 seconds how
> much easier it is to use and how much better the results are than with
> that "other operating system," i.e. in Windows ads they also tell you
> you can make movies with their software.

Good point.  It's almost like Apple assumes you already know everything
about their products, you know "since it *is* Apple Computer" and
stuff.  Maybe show a head-to-head video editing shootout on a Windoze
box running Windows Movie Maker (or whatever it's called) and a Mac
running iMovie -- see who has less trouble connecting a camera and who
makes a better video.  I guess if you want M$ to do all of the thinking
for you, then a Windoze box with Movie Maker would be the way to go,
but if you prefer to control your own destiny, then the Apple solution
would be the obvious choice.

2 cents.

- Mark