Toast 6 and iDVD

KathyMac! Mac4Music at MusiCareOnline.org
Sun Jul 20 15:55:32 PDT 2003

<<<No you will not be able to use iDVD but Toast 6 will have the ability
to author video DVDs, Toast 5 was only able to burn video DVDs once you
created an image with another program.  Version 6 will allow you to
burn with any drive supported by Toast and this includes firewire DVD
burners.>>>>

Ok, so are you saying that you can NOT author the project in iDVD first
and then burn the file using Toast 6?

Personally, I have a Superdrive but I think it would be nice for others
to be able to build their projects in iDVD  completely (menus, buttons,
and all the other wonderful things that the simplistic iDVD interface
has to offer) and then take the final file and burn a DVD with Toast on
their own external burner.

Does anyone see this being an option in the future? Even if Toast does
begin to offer their own authoring software there are so many of us who
like to "keep things in the family" by using the integrated iLife apps
together finishing with the iDVD build. Being able to burn an iDVD
authored file with Toast would be wonderful.

Kathy