TiBook internal hard drive

David Crump davecrump at mac.com
Wed Jul 23 07:40:52 PDT 2003

 <snip>
I replaced the 10GB internal on my original TiBook 400 with a 40GB IBM (now
Hitachi). It was a year ago, so it was also a 4200 rpm model.
I use it to capture in Final Cut regularly.
You can now purchase a 5400 rpm model that will fit inside the Ti 400. It
actually runs cooler, and also quieter than the original.
</snip>

I thought you had to capture DV to a 7200prm drive in order to avoid dropped frames.  Do you have any problems like that with your 4200 rpm drive?
Dave.