Which is better cd or vhs?

J. Keenan jkeenan at islands.vi
Wed Jul 23 17:08:04 PDT 2003

Hi,

I probably don't have enough information to get a good answer, but let
me try anyway. At a teacher workshop we will be editing video using
iMovie3. One teacher's project was to film underwater life on the coral
reefs (she is a scuba diver!) Unfortunately we were unable to find
anywhere to rent an underwater video camera, so we were planning on
having her dive with an instructor who also videotapes the dives.
However he is not available until nest week. That would be cutting it
close especially if we get some rainy weather. He has offered to sell
her some shots he has and will put together for her. She said he would
either put it on vhs or cd. I'm trying to figure out which would be
better quality to import. I know the cd would be digital, but not sure
what compression he will use! If the VHS is first generation we should
be able to bring it out to our Sony digital 8 camera and make it
digital.
Any ideas.

Thanks,
Joan