[MacDV] Re: The quality of 8MM film

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Wed Jul 23 23:41:54 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, at 09:01 PM, Leigh Seaver wrote:

>  I have a feeling that QT Pro will accomplish what I need and then
> allow me to export the finished project into DV format, but I have
> really looked into it.  Any ideas?  What is the frame rate for 8mm and
> super 8mm?

There is a way to give Quicktime a directory full of sequentially named
image files (like 001.pct, 002.pct, etc) and have it make a movie out
of them.  I forget what the frame rates are - 18 and 24, off the top of
my head. But many cameras were adjustable, and some not that accurate,
so the frame rate that it was shot at could be different than the
standard. Best guess - tweak it until it looks right.

SR